10-06-2014, 09:06 AM   #12
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
and who knows what packed in cup holders, armrest storage, etc.
I feel this pain. Sometimes you just don't want to know, as knowing might make you buy a minivan next time lol (who cares if a minivan gets dirty/sloppy..).

On the RR/X5 topic, the new RRS wasn't out yet when we got our X5, was just about to come out I think or maybe was out by the time we got our F15 but not when we ordered.. But the truth is I never even considered waiting for it, we could have, but had no interest. As much as I do love how they look and like how they drive, I had twice considered the previous model and twice stayed away due to the reliability concerns and far less attractive lease deals. We almost got one over an ML350 the second time I considered the RRS, but even their end of year blow-out deals had it around $100 more than a comparably equipped ML350 and my wife loved the ML (we both grew to hate it eventually, but that's another story). In the end, I picked an E70 4.8 over a supercharged RRS back in 2007 because the X5 was more planted, more fun, and more reliable (in that order, I was single and reliability wasn't as big of a concern as it is now). Second time around, it would have been the car we brought our first child home in, and I couldn't risk having her in a car that may or may not get her home with a baby on any given day. Again, this is all based on the previous model, but that model was mature. No way was I going to even consider a brand new model of a car that has been historically terribly unreliable to begin with…..
Appreciate 0