United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverikDS View Post
I’m not sure if it’s possible. I added remote start onto my GLE 300d (which also required dedicating a key) and at the same time added a cellular option from Drone Mobile. Not sure if it would work on the F15 but it added the ability to not only use my key but my phone/Apple Watch to start the car. With that system it also does the handoff without shutting the car off which is why I liked it more than the Mercedes app. The cost is also much less vs paying the yearly fee for the app vs the Drone Mobile offers during discount times. Might be worth checking with Bimmertech if drone mobile can be added to their system. Even without that I’ve found decent range, as long as the key fob can reach it, it works. That’s not like some of the 1 mile advertised ones but this is very clean and tucked away, can’t tell it’s been added to the car by looking at my keys. The whole having to get another key did turn me away from doing it on the X5 (that and it’s mostly the car my girlfriend drives) because even though I have both original FOB’s I don’t want to sacrifice one for remote start and would purchase a third.
Doesnt work with Bimmertech hence why there’s is so cheap. There is another company out of Canada that is almost double the price that allows for drone mobile. I used them for my M5 and Bimmertech for my wife’s X5. Install was much simpler for Bimmertech but similar.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0