View Single Post
      09-30-2013, 02:28 AM   #3
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Hi All,
Well, had a brief look around the 3D M Sport on Sunday.
Disappointed that a) could not take any photos and b) car was set up in ‘Transport’ mode so nothing really worked and c) lots of plastic wrapping used to cover seats and door cards.
In Transport mode the car sits is a few centimetre’s higher, especially the rear. But the car has presence with the body kit, Air Curtains and its rather nice 20” Y spoke wheels.
It was disappointing that none of the electrics really functioned so not able to get a feel for the car other build quality of the exterior and cabin. Which, as you would hope is good. The interior although of higher quality than the current model is not that different..evolution not revolution.
I don’t like the new iDrive Control screen..looks awkward and an afterthought as it sticks up, like a sore thumb. Maybe it will grow on me.
Liked the ambient lighting which was electric blue..looked good against the black leather interior.
Boot looks to be the same size as current model so nothing new there.
I could not drive the car but the power steering seems VERY light compared with my E70. I assume this is the Active Steering option?
It's launching on Friday 15th November here in UK so have a test drive on the Saturday morning
Any questions..happy to assist
Appreciate 0