10-04-2014, 01:51 AM   #104
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Here are a few...
1. Take a close look at the fuel and temp gauges on the digital vs. analog cluster. On the digital, the needle is about 1/2 as long as it needs to be. It actually takes longer to tell your temp or fuel because your eye does not naturally see where the needle is (since it is short). On the analog gauges, the needle goes right to the number/position.
2. Take a look at your different modes (sport/comfort/eco)- that to me is the definition of gimmicky. I don't need my dash playing video games on me when I change modes.

Like I said, for me, give me back the plain old analog gauges. Doesn't make your stuff bad - it just isn't for me and honestly does not feel fully developed. But once again - that's my opinion, not fact!
I totally understand your point of view. I do agree that they should have made the needles longer and numbered them. They definitely are too small in my opinion as well. However, I got used to it real fast - maybe it's my 20/20 vision .

As far as the different mode changes, I actually like them. It's a nice way to differentiate each mode that way I also never forget what mode I'm in when I'm on the highway and need to speed up to pass cars.

It's definitely a personal thing and none is better or worse than the other . Thanks for your input, buddy .