View Single Post
      07-08-2016, 06:12 AM   #149
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWOO7 View Post
Ok...... first off, yes I've read through the thread. I tried listening for something the other morning and couldn't hear anything.

Now with that said, could someone please state the best way to listen for this, I'm sure it would help allot more folks as well.

I'm guessing the obvious, radio off, semi-quiet area, window down?, wheel to the right or left (does it make a difference)?

I've got around 5600 miles on mine now, 95% of which are all highway miles, so I don't know if that makes any difference one way or the other.

Thanks much!
Yours may be an excellent example, given the percentage of highway miles. From the experiences posted by myself and others, this issue seems to manifest during turning and at low speeds (< 30 mph). I've noticed that the sound is more pronounced the sharper the turn (as in executing a u-turn or doubling back in a parking garage). A parking garage, with its many sound-reflecting surfaces, is often the ideal place to hear this.

The onset of the clicking is different for everyone. Mine started around 5000; for others, it was earlier. Some, like you, have not experienced it. My fingers are crossed that you do not.

My mileage is split fairly evenly between highway and city driving (60/40). Hope this helps.
Appreciate 1