View Single Post
      03-21-2015, 09:12 PM   #14
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarif1 View Post
Actually, its the other way around. Aftermarket 32/30 offsets compared to OEM 40/38 offsets would actually push the wheel out 8mm over OEM assuming the same width wheel.
Is that really how it works? I have 22x10 offset 40 (aftermarket replicas) on all four and they are perfectly aligned under the fender, and I don't even have the flared fenders since I came from 19" 449 OEM wheels.

Sorry, I'm not an expert. I remember Taran.J explaining it to me before when he got his custom offsets.

I guess if we're referring to positive and negative offsets...this is where things get different?

So then, a wider wheel that is 22x12 sticks out more because of the offset and not its actual width? I thought in order to keep it properly aligned with the front wheel while retaining a thicker rear, the offset had to be decreased in the rear to balance the wider width of the rear wheel being 22x12 vs the front 22x10.

I guess I had it backwards this whole time and the rear wheels stick out a lot more due to the decreased offset size and wheel width does not factor in at all.

They show here that offset 40 is wider and further away from the center line than offset 35...so is this specifically referring to OEM? TSW is an aftermarket wheel company, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=qwiqAr2bI-I

Last edited by opasha; 03-21-2015 at 09:26 PM..
Appreciate 0