View Single Post
      09-22-2015, 09:17 AM   #94
hamh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 MSport + VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Optimium Gloss Coat you can DIY. No need for heat lamps etc. if your paint is fresh you can just do minimal prep work and DIY yourself. I did it to my last three BMWs when they were new. Amazing stuff. Paint is glossier, water beads on it like no other and the key thing is that it keeps the car cleaner longer since rain water literally flies off the car. For $70 bucks and DIY its better than any wax imo.

Modesta is even better from what I know but that requires the heat lamps and you can not even buy it unless you are a professional detailer. You are also looking at a minimum of 1200-1500 for Modesta.

Alan
What are the prep work you need to do? I read the product description it said you'll need optimum polish to remove any defect and clean it with 15% IPA solution afterwards, are those the steps you do?

When you say the paint is fresh, you mean right after getting it from dealership? or it can be a few days after that too?

I'm still new to the DIY scene so I'm trying to be as careful as possible before I start the project
Appreciate 0