Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoWPK View Post
Yes and so far from just one source.

The letter included by the OP states "a limitation in production". That could mean, for example, that capacity is unable to meet demand so that MY 2016 introduction in Canada has been delayed to compensate. There is nothing in the letter related to emissions.

Shaw, you stated; "Did you really think that the marketing campaigns would bluntly announce it as such??!!!". Do you have a link to these marketing announcements? I've been unable to find anything searching online and, conversely, bmwusa.com still lists the 2016 X5 35d. bmw.ca, however, lists only 2015 MY for a number of models, not just diesel.
I respect everyone's opinion here... but to me, the "limitation in production" is a marketing cover up...
how come they are still able to manufacture a 2015 if you want it, but not a 2016?! I can get my car to be built on the same slate and time if I choose to go for a 2015 (with exact configuration and options as of order guide 2016) if I choose to? and that applies to everyone who has placed a 2016 diesel order...they can get their vehicles in time, but not a 2016 tag...does that make sense to you if that was a limitation in production?
Appreciate 0