07-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #67
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
Any updates?
No update. I figured out how to clear the Drivetrain Malfunctions and CEL in Esys using External Applications>External Application>Trasmitter>Clear All DTCs. This will get rid of the computer issue and allow the RaceChip to be utilized. The car drives normally just with very low power output currently. I hooked the RaceChip plug back in as I tested again since the Drivetrain wasn't going away and I'd rather have it cleared with the chip in than without. Also, my mechanic can't look at anything till Friday morning, which is why I was trying to solve the computer issue via coding software. For some reason, my Surface Pro 3 and Razer Blade 14 aren't recognizing the OBD2 adapter via my USB 3.0 Pluggable Adapter - I used this setup via my returned Dell Venue 8 Pro without any issue when golovan remotely coded for me. This is my first time using Esys myself and I installed everything correctly. Can you or anyone remotely help me to figure out why it's not picking up the connection? I even went to the connection settings tab in Esys and everything ICOM, VIN, HUB, etc were all selectable but the CONNECT was grayed out because no vehicle/connection was found at the top list.

Last edited by opasha; 07-16-2014 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0