01-03-2018, 07:37 PM   #9
diesel733
Master of one
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP IMOLA RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickersteve View Post
I know this has been an ongoing issue with other people and I dont feel like reading back on the old A/C thread so I am going to start my own again. I have a 2017 X5. I have two issues with my climate system that if BMW or someone else cannot give me a good answer I will not get another BMW again.

1. The system always starts itself whenever the car starts. I live in arizona so most of the year it is not an issue but we also get very cold here. I hate that when it is 30 degrees and I start the car I am greeted by a blast of cold air. No matter how many times I shut the system off before I shut off the car, it also starts when I start the car. The dealership told me that is just how it is, but I had an X3 while my car was in for service and when I shut it off, it stayed off until I wanted to start it again myself.

2. I saw that people were complaining that the A/C was not cold enough during the summer months. I initially had that problem until I realized the the rear climate system box was checked so part of my cold air was blowing in the back when no one is ever in the back. It turns out that I realized that whenever you use the Sync button for the climate control, it automatically turns on the rear. Even if you shut the sync off, the rear stays on so you manually have to turn it off. I like to use the sync. I cant believe that this also is not user fixable. The dealer told me that is how it is supposed to work.

Does anyone have a fix for either of these issues. If I have to just live with these things I will, but on a $70,000 car I should be able to change how I want it to work, and may mean my next car will not be a BMW

Steve
Just code it. Case solved
Appreciate 0