View Single Post
      03-19-2024, 11:03 PM   #22
possen
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M F85 2017

Just went to the dealershiip to get the oil changed, coolant refilled and checked. My first checkup since I bought it. They do have a really good deal $225 for 3 years of oil changes, once a year or 10,000 miles. I've had my X5M F85 for about 5 months. I was actually very happy after getting it back, the X5M is running much smoother and seems to be quieter idling. So even though this was a small amount of work, it ended up costing $1000.

The not so good news, is they tell me these CCV hoses need to be replaced and I agree. But they are going to charge me around $t1700. They were kind enough to show me videos of the broken CCV hoses. They also noted some oil leakage in the engine and I did recently have to add a quart of oil because it was low.

I am a relative newbie to working on my cars. On my old X5 I did replace air suspension bags and compressor successfully. Would like to save a lot of money and have the satisfaction of a DIY.

The oil leaking said they would need to diagnose, whenever you hear that, you know it is big bucks. Would it be a fair thing to try to DIY the CCVs hoses and see if it solves the oil leaks and then go for broader diagnosis if there are still leaks? How hard is this to do?
Appreciate 0