View Single Post
      07-28-2014, 08:53 PM   #208
42pilot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbix View Post
Software upgrades should not be my problem. If a box is released it should be first tested thoroughly.
For most people it works but apparently there are some that experienced problems with this device. I won't take the chance. Thanks!

Was also wondering how much the DPF is going to suffer with this upgrade. Increased fuel means increased smoke and higher workload on the filters.
Now I am experiencing finger pointing between DTM, RaceChip US and RaceChip Germany. There is a firmware update depending on the year model you drive and it seems that DTM might have ordered the wrong box. Let's see how long it take for this to play out.

If you are talking about the DEF fluid, I wouldn't be too concerned as there's enough in the tank for nearly 10,000 miles. Keeping your foot in it might bring it down to 8,000 miles. The cost of DEF is pretty cheap too.

If you really want an eye opener, call AC Schnitzler and ask them about their little black box. Same stats, but it goes for more than $5k. I think it's explained by their warranty.

In addition, here is a direct quote on their tuning:

Engine tuning and performance upgrades have a long tradition at AC Schnitzer. To be on the safe side however, we prefer not to extract the maximum possible power but instead ensure greater robustness, which means a longer life of the engine. Many of our performance upgrades are therefore designed for an increase in torque rather than an increase in horsepower. Because torque is what you feel when for example you're "pressed back in the seat" on pulling away.

Check out the price here:

http://preisliste.ac-schnitzer.de/ac...e_id_auswahl=1