View Single Post
      04-30-2015, 10:27 AM   #95
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
@Alan l. - you are really tempting me to get MPPK and the front/rear splitters. I am not a fan of the CF rear Flaps though..
Does BMW offer CF spoiler's or only gloss black?

Also how difficult was it to install the M50D open grills? I think I will leave off the silver Grill Blades though...
MPPK is worth it to me for the throttle response alone. .5 second reduction to 60 is nothing to sneeze at imo.

Each piece can be ordered separately. The only part that comes gloss black is the roof spoiler. Everything else comes in CF only. As for the rear wings/flaps it looks best when you see the whole truck from a distance. It looks alittle strange by itself but it ties in to the rest of the rear diffuser imo. Gives it alittle of the old X5 4.8is look which i always liked.

Installing the m50D fins isn't hard. Doing the open face grills was a b1tch and a half along with the reflector. I originally tried to do this with just pulling back part of the fender liner but that wasn't going to work. There is a good amount of stuff you need to remove before you can pull the grills out from behind as well as accessing the front reflectors which are sandwiched by another part. Those one time use tabs holding the fender flares are the stupidest things i've ever seen from BMW.

Alan