03-16-2018, 01:41 PM   #11
Dzbeslic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rntaylor View Post
As a current owner of both the 5 series and the X5 I can tell you that when it comes to interior seating space there is no difference at all. The only real difference; which was already mentioned is the height of the seats. As for storage space in the back, yes of course the X5 has more space for larger items, but as you already know the 5 series does have a deep large trunk.

As for the engine size. Personally, I really think it just depend on the area you live/drive in. For me, I live in a congested area so I really don’t get to utilize my vehicles (2013 550i and 2015 X5 50i) like they are built for. I had a 2011 35i X5 and had all kinds of engine issues, but I still enjoyed the vehicle. My 550i of course has the notorious N63 motor in it, but in the few years of ownership I’ve only had the dreaded Drivetrain Malfunction warning a couple of time. As for my 2015 50i N63TU, not one issue thus far. But, they both do love to drink oil though.

With all that being said I truly believe that if you do decide go bigger and join the X5 family the 35i is a good choice. I have one last piece of advice for you though. If you have never driven the X5 50i, don’t test drive it!!! Once you do, all of your rational thinking will be out of the window, and you will want it!
Lol, I love your last statement. Thanks for nice reply, I really appreciate it, thanks.
I tested 35 X and wasn't really impressed. It seemed way too slow, much slower than 535 hence weight, didn't like that-lol. I also read lots of complaints about 35, interestingly not too many about 50.
You are right about cabin space, not much bigger than 535.
I know no matter what I decide it will be tough decision.
I do love my 535, ugh it's gonna be tough.
Thanks all.
Appreciate 1
rntaylor137.00