View Single Post
      02-15-2017, 10:57 AM   #93
BoxKing
I Rock Your Girls Box
Rep
Drives: M4 F82 ZCP AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
This is a gross exaggeration (..and laughable) to be honest. EVERYBODY speeds, so it would be fairly easy to be pedantic about posted limits (..and other minor infractions such as following too closely, not signaling before changing lanes, etc.), and cite people all day long. Most officers don't want that much paper, so they aren't generally going to write a whole bunch of tickets (...the exception being new officers who are excited and eager or a specified focus on a particular type of violation; C-Watch/graveyard shifts is/are almost always narrowly focused on DUI enforcement with the CHP), and with regards to the CHP, if an officer is taking T/C's all day long, that officer won't want the additional citation paper on top of having to investigate crashes and write the subsequent reports. It's very time consuming.
Laughable... you use this term too loosely from what I have read. Revenue no matter how it is brought in by law enforcement is monitored, so if there had/is a dramatic drop to one of these streams of cash flow, then someone is out there looking to make changes, or even worse, looking to point the finger at something/someone else. Now mind you I would say that a majority of law enforcement should be focused on DUI, and "reckless" driving, which are real hazards of day-2-day drivers who comply to the guidelines. As for being cited for other infractions non-moving related... well you run the risk of getting cited for them, and these are usually visual mods to appeal to the owners tastes and how they want to personalize there vehicle.

Im not going to get into any debate, bc the only real thing thats laughable are those drivers that feel they are entitled to do as they wish to their cars (or even drive) without penalty when doing something that is non-conforming to the law.

ps. My comments were not pulled from think air, and I cited what was written in an article covered nationally - with the primary there in CA.
Your reply: "Lets see this so called article you speak of"
My reply:
Appreciate 0