05-10-2021, 05:33 PM   #7
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by floop View Post
Yes, I don't disagree with your logic. Assuming I don't cancel the deal beforehand, I'll plan to scrutinize the car to get a clue as to how roughly it was treated. I am also going to inquire with some dealers about warranty options. I'll see whether a BMW extended warranty is a possibility. Thanks for your thoughts. I'll also check out the CPO offerings.
That is the key thing - make sure to take a close look for wear and tear and don't feel pressured to keep the car if it doesn't meet your needs. I can assure you that you can get CPO cars that are practically in new condition and BMW will replace anything under warranty that looks like excessive wear and tears. Because of COVID, there are unprecedented low mileage CPOs available.

I think I posted earlier that when I got mine, the merino leather had deep creases since the foam on the seats is a little weak on the X5 (this probably is why the Dakota leather often cracks completely). Anyway, the dealer replaced the seat cover completely and I am pretty sure it was expensive. They then replaced one of my keys with a brand new one because the pin that holds the mechanical key was damaged...

Plus anytime I take the car in they give me a loaner - even got a G05 for a week since the seat replacement took longer than expected.

Good luck. The X5 is really one of the best cars I have ever owned. So much fun to drive and I like the nice clean looks of the F15.
Appreciate 1
floop20.00