04-23-2024, 05:34 PM   #60
crystalworks
Captain
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by W37V View Post
I just wanted to give another option to this thread:

Technically, once you run out of mileage, ECU is locked and you have to get a new ECU. Instead of spending thousands to get a new ECU, some tuners might be able to help. For example DUDMD (no relations) offers a service for M57 (however, i think they might be able to do it for N57 too) to reset the ECU remotely. https://www.dudmd.com/products/2009-...et-programming

Any competent tuner should be able to get it done, as they should be able to "rewrite" your ecu. Depending on the age of your car, some tuners might require you to mail them your ECU so they can do a bench unlock and reset.
I had to mail mine out along with a key. Took the opportunity to have them make me another key as well. The company was interesting to deal with, as I was nervous sending out the DDE, CAS, and a key... but they got the job done. Just under $700 for the DDE reset and the new comfort access key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_boss View Post

IT'S FIXED!

With my "INCORRECT FLUID: NO START in 36kms" warning, I launched the diesel particulate filer regeneration with ISTA then drove it on a stretch of road I knew there were no traffic lights or stop signs to slow me down. It was a stretch about 40kms long so I could maintain the required speed of 60-120kmh/40-80mph. At the "INCORRECT FLUID: NO START in 2kms" countdown mark I was expecting the warning to disappear but that didn't happen. I was alarmed, to say the least!!!! However, it counted down to zero and the NO START warning remained in front of me, then about 2-3kms past the zero countdown mark, the warning disappeared.

I didn't celebrate immediately. I was not certain if reaching the zero mark would impact the DDE module after it was shut off. So I drove it for at least another hour at highway speeds then it went straight into the garage at home. I shut it off, let it "go to sleep" for about an hour. Back into the driver's seat and it started! No warnings or lights! Woohoo! Just to be sure I let it go to sleep overnight and tried it in the morning.

Almost 8 weeks and many dollars later, it's GOOD TO GO!
Thank you for updating this, I missed it earlier. Glad you got it sorted. Completing the SCR/DEF test successfully is the key. Once you pass that you can go for the conditioning drive you're good to go. Still nerve wracking waiting for the DDE to turn that warning off though...

After the DDE clears the countdown, feel free to clear the code history at that point (if you haven't).
Appreciate 0