08-03-2014, 09:58 AM   #26
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325er View Post
Grow up pal. I am a disenfranchised BMW loyalist. That should concern the brand because I am not alone. FYI I owned an e92 M3 and an E46 before that. My current 325 is a daily and winter driver that has miles too low to give up. My 2013 X3 is a piece of garbage. After owning many BMWs what do you think my opinion of BMW should be? Bravo on that clattering four banger and non existent steering feel? The very attribute that was your key differentiator for years? Wake up to the reality of the new BMW and respect the opinions of others who have a clue without reducing your sad self to pathetic attempts an personal insults. Ohhhh noo! He insulted my car an said I flip burgers!!! How creative!! You're a genius.
I've got an X3 (for one more year) and owned both previous generation M3's too...The x3 does well enough against it's purpose of SAV dynamics and capabilities..I don't expect anything more from it. It certainly is a better driving experience than RX350, Q5 or GLK imo.

Where we stray in understanding is consequence...I don't see the X3's (or X6's) existence as evidence of brand dilution. Either way, just opinions on the board - and I agree there is no need for the thread to take the personal insult route.

Whether one agrees with the design evolution (I hated everything Bangle btw) platform proliferation etc..BMW sales and profit are serving the stockholders and I think their new "M" cars are going to do pretty well too.

In other words, more is well with the brand than is broken right now imo