View Single Post
      09-03-2017, 11:51 PM   #14
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

On the other hand - those of us who have CPO cars (me and OP included) shouldn't be too much worried about it. I know it's easy for me to say, but I mean it's common to respray front bumper after 3 year lease end. It's still a lot better than to buy a as-is CPO that had no respray whatsoever and lots of scratches and debris imperfections. This is inevitable - 3 years of driving - around 20-30k miles can't have 100% new front bumper no matter how safely you drove - just my opinion

I for one have a ugly indentation and scratches from front plate in my front bumper - only discovered it a month later when I decided to take front plate off (to improve the look, I hate front ugly license frame) - dealer said I should have made comments about it before I signed documents and agreed to the deal. So I'm just saying a resprayed front bumper is still miles better than a dented one like mine

It is possible respray was done by 1st owner at some cheaper indy shop before returning a lease to avoid charges - I would think dealer would have done a better job, but everything is possible in today's crappy economy

P.S. OP I'm sure it's fine, but just in case check hood and fenders for a front accident damage - if that's not an issue - then front bumper paint peeling is not worth your nerves imho
Appreciate 0