View Single Post
      04-05-2019, 02:47 PM   #702
MizikeTSK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 XDrive 50i MSport

2015 MSport 50i with about 48k(purchased with 36K)on the odo and 1 year of ownership.

-Several Gaskets/Seals replaced for oil leaks. I have one of the more oil thirsty 50i's since I was averaging 1500 miles before 2 qt oil top off warning. Went 5k before first warning. I also have a lot of stop and go to and from work. I've accepted this but hope it improves since there were no new leaks found in my last inspection. Will also change oil every 5k now.

The following I had done under warranty and final inspection before original warranty expired. FYI for those with Original warranty nearing expiration: Take everything you see on the forums and make that final appointment. Depending on your relationship with your SA you can bypass paying for Pre-Sale inspection and just have a laundry list of concerns since under warranty which is what I did. Even if nothing wrong, they are inspecting in the general area of concern especially when in the engine bay, under carriage or suspension areas that we might not be able to see and know if something is starting to wear down and needing replacement.

-Front Control Arms replaced under warranty when took in for final inspection before original warranty expired.

-Steering column replaced. This I didn't even know since set to memory and test all ranges of motion and got the grinding sound others reported.

-Rubber door trim

-Brake Pads and Rotors (I have extended maint also so saved me a deductible)

-Passenger headrest motor. Would always return to the forward most position after releasing the button. This has been since day one of me owning but did not know until I sat in the passenger seat. That explains why the wifey was alway uncomfortable.

-Ceramic iDrive knob

-One Coil due to misfire (not sure why they wouldn't replace all coils)

So nothing really major and more routine maintenance for the most part.