Thread: X5 Vibration
View Single Post
      05-27-2014, 03:12 PM   #26
ramsal
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2018 M3

I'm also experiencing this issue, it's like the whole car is vibrating at 90-100km/h. The SA asked me if their tech can drive me car home at night to test it at speed, i said yes, whatever you need to do to fix it. The next day I was told that after reprogramming (as part of the recall) they would need to test it again at speed. When I went to pick it up after 2 days of "investigating" they told me that they drove a brand new one and it had the same problem. Although when I asked to speak directly to the technician he admitted that it was a problem, he also indicated that BMW would not do anything about it if brand new cars also had this issue.

In the end I feel like my concerns were largely dismissed at Brian Jessel BMW in Vancouver, very disappointing. I had the 2013 model for few months and did not have these vibrations on it.

Please keep us posted on your progress Windy City, it will be interesting to see how various dealers deal with this problem. I will raise it with them again when I go in in 2 weeks for some unrelated replacement parts which are on order. I'll also provide an update. This issue appears more wide spread than I initially expected.
Appreciate 0