Thread: X5 Vibration
View Single Post
      06-20-2014, 06:44 AM   #44
Windy City
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 IND/ESS modded vert

OK, I have an update on this and I believe it is good news.

The factory recommended to the rep onsite to loosen/disassemble ALL the drive train components, then re-torque to specs. The idea was that something could be in tension or compression and causing the issue.

I guess there are a few bolts that once loosened, they are required to be replaced. I know this a common practice for any threaded fastener under critical loads.

2 of these bolts are close in length to one and another.(I think 12MM was thrown out there) The tech performing the work stated these 2 bolts were reversed, in there location, at the time of installation.

But, either if something was in tension, or the bolt length issue was causing the grief, I have been told the problem has been fixed!

My SA himself drove the car and verified the situation is repaired. He is too a "car guy" and was very interested in the whole process.

We will be picking up the vehicle this afternoon. I will try to post more specifics and the "as driven" results.

One comment for sure, I had the faith in Laurel BMW from the beginning and sure enough, it seems like that came through!
Appreciate 0