07-20-2014, 08:26 PM   #412
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
Went by a few more dealerships today. Here is what I learned about SoCal:

Dealerships which have sold cars that have been exported are fined by BMW. They lose incentives and need to pay a fine. Too many exports traced back to the dealership means that dealership will eventually lose their license/partnership with BMW to sell the vehicles. So those dealerships which have been fined a few times become especially stringent on cash offers and in evaluating the customer.

Other dealerships which are more on the "up and up" and have a good relationship with BMW and have not had these export issues have much less of a problem with cash deals. Especially if you can provide documentation to back-up your reason for requiring a cash deal.

BMW is really cracking down on this export issue because it is directly impacting the new BMW Dealerships in China. Exporters are basically undercutting the BMW Dealerships in China with the marked-up but still significantly cheaper American BMW vehicles.

As many know, for discounts, more options more discount.

$2k off a MSRP of $60k xDrive35i, for example, is a good deal.
$3k off a MSRP of $72k xDrive50i, for example, is not a great deal.

I googled and checked inventories of all the BMW dealerships I could find in the west, southwest, and midwest.

http://www.schompbmw.com/new-invento...m?model=X5&&&&

This one was interesting. Decent discounts right off the bat. For those who are looking you can see the sliding scale of discounts. Also it seems there are more discounts on vehicles with cosmetic packages as opposed to tech packages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiku View Post
Looks like you are in CA. All the dealers in CA are ahole.

If you are open to PCD, contact OC BMW in NY. They will accept cash, no question asked. Few months ago, Siraj (on this forum) got his msport for 700+ invoice.

I had a offers from NY dealers for 500+ invoice. Only reason I didn't move forward becos you can't do MSD in NY state.

I will search my mail and send you other contacts also.

Contact Brian, he is GM at WW BMW in NY. His quotes are very competitive.

Brian Sorce
(845) 425-2600 bsorce@newcountry.com
Thank you very much abhiku; sincerely appreciated.
Appreciate 0