View Single Post
      11-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i M Sport

Here are some more pics of my Mineral White X5 xLine. The car is really fantastic; fun to drive, luxurious, and loaded with neat features. Here are some thoughts:

The Driver Assistance Package and Driver Assistance Plus are worth the money, IMO. The Driver Assistance Package comes with the Head-up Display and Rear-view Camera. The camera is a must in a vehicle this size and the Head-up Display works very well. It displays vehicle speed, Navi turn information, incoming phone calls, and entertainment info. I was surprised at how well the features of the Driver Assistance Plus worked. Both the lane departure and blind spot monitor "rumble" the steering wheel to alert you and both are tied to the direction signals. If you veer into another lane, the steering wheel will vibrate, but if you signal and then veer into the next lane, it won't. Also, if there is someone detected in the blind spot, a yellow triangle in the housing of the side view mirror will illuminate. If you then signal a lane change to that side, the yellow light will flash and the steering wheel will vibrate. Very slick. The Plus package also comes with Speed Limit info that tells you the posted speed limit in the area you are driving. This can be displayed in the instrument cluster or in the Head-up display. It works very well. The other feature is the Surround camera which gives a top-view of the car and its surroundings. Very helpful for parking.

The sound quality of the Harmon Kardon system is very good, better than the Logic 7 system in my 2009 335i coupe. I haven't heard the base stereo nor the B&O, but I'm happy with the sound quality.

I'm not sure what is different, but the iDrive controller with the Ceramic Controls option feels more substantial than the cars I've been in without it.

I've included a picture of the Space Saver Spare in case anyone is interested.

I've also posted some pics of the Running Boards. Definitely thinner than on the E70. I'm very happy about the looks of the xLine.

Multi-Comfort seats are excellent. I haven't really tried the seat ventilation.

I've included a close-up of the Mocha Nappa and Poplar Wood. Looks great to me. I'd like to see similar views of the Mocha and Pure. I was going back-and-forth between those choices.

I still haven't really explored the iDrive features or the BMW apps. I'll post more thoughts when I do.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0