View Single Post
      04-06-2015, 12:50 PM   #3
drewdogg808
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 2020 X5

I had same issue with my M3, AC was never cold enough. All my other vehicles (non BMW) were much colder, even my wife's 10 year old Lexus had colder air than the M3. I did bring it in for service and they replaced the condenser, which made it better, but still not great.
My wife and I were worried it would be the case with our new X5, but we've been pleasantly surprised it was been okay. Granted, we haven't been in very hot summer temps yet, but so far I have to keep it around 70 otherwise it gets too cold. I do have all vents on (sync) as I find the entire cabin cools better with them all on versus just the front vents. And I do have to remember to switch the manual temp control all the way to the blue side.
There was a thread last year about the X5 A/C, and there were reports of a software update to improve it. Perhaps we have the updated software already with our recent build 2015?
I haven't even tried max A/C yet. I also have the Suntek CXP tint, so not sure if that may help a little.
Appreciate 0