View Single Post
      09-28-2014, 04:51 PM   #44
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Co View Post
Many thanks, I'd added this to my F16 M50d order 3 weeks ago and i'm now really glad.
You're very welcome. Good decision!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow-Kidney View Post
I took this screen grab from BMW Germany. Apparently this is an option in many other markets:

Someone from Saudi has it in theirs straight from their order. The way BMW options work really annoys me. Oh well, at least I was able to put it in .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
Opasha you are a BMW God!

I may have missed it, but how long did it take you to do this and are there any implications on BMW Warranty if it all goes Pete Tong?
Thanks, Baunton . The cluster removal only takes about 5-10 minutes if you do it correctly - that's why I did this whole write-up so it doesn't take people an hour trying to figure out what to take apart and how. It took me about 1.5 hours total with coding and pictures because I was trying to capture every step possible. If you follow my instructions though, you should not have a very difficult time at all. My instructions are very straightforward highlighting tips etc that I had to figure out first hand.

There are no issues with warranty. This system is an OEM part. The only time you have to take it out for service is as Shawn mentioned above regarding the dealer doing ISTA/P diagnostic reprogramming - I think this is specifically for deeper issues or big problems. Here's more info about ISTA:

The ISTA program is BMW’s aftermarket diagnostics and reprogramming software that is designed to use the J2534 API interface to provide OEM level capabilities. The ISTA application consists of several functionally oriented system components that communicate with each other, offering various features and functions, through an Internet connected Client/Server arrangement.

ISTA offers powerful BMW and Mini vehicle diagnostic (ISTA/D) and reprogramming (ISTA/P) capabilities, with various options for vehicle identification for highly specific information searches and guided troubleshooting.

Last edited by opasha; 09-28-2014 at 05:34 PM..
Appreciate 0