08-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #113
taxjoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i & 2015 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcarls View Post
A few steps that caught me today.
3). PDC - I could not get the single plug out so I pulled each sensor out.
4). Plastic tray in truck - f*** if I know how you get that thing out. Yanked the s*** out of it.
5). Canbus - it's a small plug, I was looking for something big. 2 wires.

Overall, looks good and very solid. Trying out tomorrow. Will post pics.
As I said in several of my posts on this, the PDC connector was extremely difficult for me to disconnect but after about an hour and many four letter words, I finally got it disconnected. My advice is to try and somehow determine the logic of how these connectors disconnect so you are prepared to do so when you have the rear facia disconnected.

The plastic tray is held in place by three pins similar to the pins that hold on the fender flares, as I recall.

Yes, that canbus plus is small. Be careful not to damage the small pins on it and make sure it is connected tightly.

One final comment. Do not be alarmed if the system does not work quite right when you first install it and before have the proper coding performed. Mine did not work correctly or completely at first but, after the coding, it worked flawlessly, including the disengagement of the rear PDC and the zoom feature on the rear camera also works wonderfully.
Appreciate 0