View Single Post
      09-20-2016, 12:30 PM   #119
Bahb7
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 xDrive 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustang Cobra View Post
They have revised the design of the hitch over these past few weeks as myself and a close friend both had ours fail. I was towing my 5000lb boat and he was towing his 6000lb boat. We both had the exact same type of failure within weeks of each other on our X5s

I reached out to Steve and he provided us both with beefed up replacements immediately as well as paid for return shopping for the broken hitch.

As far as I'm concerned he did the right thing and I would be happy to buy from them again in the future.
A friend of mine sent me a link to this thread. I have an invisihitch with the 2" drop ball mount on my e70 x5. I regularly pull a track car on an open steel trailer, proably 5500 lbs total.

After seeing the failure pictures, I called invisihitch to inquire about a replacement with the updated design. Steve at invisihitch informed me that the 2" Drop version was not affected by this failure, but he offered to have one fabricated for me with the addition strengthening and will send it out in a few days.

So I just wanted to give them a thumbs up for a quality product, and great customer service! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone in the market for a hitch.
Appreciate 1