11-15-2016, 05:51 AM   #9
tnikolov
Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40d,Porsche 911 Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
Unsure why you and dealer didn't agree on another 50i or M or M50 diesel. But I hear you twice bitten and 3rd time shy.
They would have agreed to swap it for anything. What they did was offer a premium for my car (which at just 22 months costs about 50% of MSRP) and also gave me some 40% discount of anything new I'd buy. I configured a few vehicles, including a 50d and a X5M, but decided to go with a 40d as a safer option engine-wise. And I put almost everything from the configurator to compensate for the slower truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
Q: Is your friend with your 1st 50i still your friend?
Well.. Technically the 550i was still under extended warranty when I sold it. And he's kinda happy now, cause he owns 5 year old car with a brand new engine. The 50i back at 2010 was considered very buggy. I think it's the second iteration of that engine which is supposedly fixed.

Unfortunately I wouldn't know, cause my dealer is taking my car next month, when the diesel truck arrives.

Hope you do not have any troubles mate .. it's really the worst
Retired - 2011 F10 550i xDrive
Appreciate 0