06-09-2017, 12:23 AM   #32
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
The Q7 interior is deceptively small for such a large car. Have you looked into the Atlas 3rd row I mentioned in your other thread? VW claims the largest 3rd row leg room in its class, which isn't saying much as they're comparing themselves to mid-sized SUVs (X5, Q7, Explorer, 4runner, highlander)

The only reason I was considering Q7 is the beautiful interior and the virtual cockpit. It's really a delight to look at. If I have to buy non-digital cluster, I don't think I'd go with Q7. Atlas looks like a very decent SUV fro exterior, I can go even so far to say it looks better than Q7, but that interior feels like a sitting in an older model minivan, or even a pick up truck with those wide borders and sharp cut dash. It's not ugly, but it's dated for a newly designed vehicle.

I feel like if I get another X5, I will be stuck with this dated interior for 3 years, while drooling at what '19 X5 looks like on the inside. For example, look at most recent 550i, nothing drastic but it just looks much more pleasing and welcoming.