09-06-2017, 01:39 AM   #36
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBIASED View Post
Not to revive a thread unnecessarily but for those who took the time out to offer their opinions, I feel you should at least know I wasn't trolling. Wife/we ended up going with an XC90 Inscription. The deciding factors were utility of the third row when needed, tech(she appreciates it whereas I find it more troublesome), and air ride suspension.

Finalists were Q7(I couldn't sign off on looks alone) and GLS550(it had my vote but not hers).

Any questions, feel free to drop me a line and I'd be happy to help as I appreciated everyone's input.

Hey there, make sure to come back and post more about the XC90 here and about X5 over at sweedespeed. We would love to hear what you think about XC90. Nobody will frown upon your comments out here!
Congratulations and enjoy the nice Volvo.
Heavily reliance on brand new tech on Volvo is one thing that worries me, otherwise, I think it's a fine looking vehicle that rides well and feels premium. Q7 looks will grow on most people, give it another year or so, sure the last gen looked a bit better, but the interior sort of makes you forget how it looks on the outside. I passed on the GLS450/550 because it feels big, heavy, boaty and to be honest way too flashy for my taste, especially for the price. If the AMG model was a bit more affordable, I'd consider it, but even with AMG modifications, it's no BMW. Base X5 drives much better than a modified GLS. It's just not meant to be driven the same way we push our X5s.