Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russmov View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Never mind. I dremeled the whole bigger.
When in doubt, dremel it out lol
Other than that your install going well ?
Ya woulda been nice to have the invisihitch install guide when I started as it is very detailed and explained you have to disassemble the plug to get it through the hole.

Was a little surprised no one had posted it to the forum in the several "DIY" people have posted and none of the videos online cover installing the electronics.

I struggled getting the bumper separated from the rear wheel arch flares. Those snaps just did not want to come free and that plastic bends like a mother.

Obviously the issues with getting the plug through the hole in the frame. But once dremeled that was no problem.

And only other issue and still current is that I can't get the solid red power wire into the black slot on the back of the fuse box. No matter what I do it will not fully insert into the slot and engage the 20A fuse. I've even tried moving the wire to other slots and moving the 20A CB to see if maybe that slot is jacked up but nothing. I'm about to just remove the CB and attach it directly to the wire and wrap it in electrical tape lol. Good news is no errors on the dash.

I did feel imvisihitch instructions coulda done a better job about showing where the canbus connector was hiding. This out of focus image from 6' away with a small circle just wasn't cutting it. I just happen to see the connector while moving the wire looms around to try and get what I thought was the canbus connector out of the rear frame. Lol oh well. It's done. Took me about 7 hours but I've got a slip disc in my back and was painting and dealing with that crap the whole time so needless to say I wasn't rushing. If I just woulda installed the hitch itself I'd say it woulda taken me 2-3 hours max just getting everything off and reinstalled.

Cool part was I couldn't get my exhaust tips clean with any products I had and so I whipped out some sanding blocks I have and that made them look like new! Pretty surprised considering I just wanted to Mark them up for paint.

Jeez sorry didn't mean to type this much.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
Russmov1328.00