Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post
Yesterday morning we welded them on the bench and one side was 1" higher and other was 1" lower. We didn't like it since the OEM tips are made to be set perfectly in the M sport bumpers.

So we just chopped it off again now and I grinded the welds off the muffler. Sitting waiting on my buddy to grind the tip pipes now.

X5 sounds raspy since I drove it 10 miles yesterday. Needs carbon build up still give it some more miles to break in.

There is a slight drone at 1800-2100 RPM at load and highway speed. Other than that there is a modest noise increase in the cabin with no music on. With music on it is absent.

However it does burble and pop...ALOT which is cool but idk how cool since I can't hear it at all times and there are certain times it should be tamed.
Hmm, I guess it is similar to my muffler where it has a drone on low rpm on load.
Yes now it can go two ways. Once the muffler has a few hundred miles and is filled with carbon on the inside it can either settle down or get worse. Usually quieter since then air flow is not directly hitting the aluminum or whatever these systems are made from. Kind of like how the new M4 sounds terrible at the lot but gets deep after a few weeks of driving
Appreciate 0