Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
... ... ...

Brawn's assessment:
"But I would like to highlight a technical point. Once Daniel had settled for his line, and Max had changed direction blocking that line, the Australian became a passenger.

"The downforce loss experienced by Ricciardo in the wake of Verstappen's car would have made it unstoppable.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...-in-baku-clash

I don't know why anyone is still arguing that Max made 2 moves (although the second move was more like a slide into position --- but still the 2nd move as he didn't keep the same racing line he established when he made the 1st move)

Even Brawn, who knows more about F1 racing than anyone on these boards combined, even eluded to that fact when he stated " and Max had changed direction blocking that line" ... which clearly is the 'I don't want to access total blame' for Max maneuvering his car a second time.

Let's not forget that these drivers are extremely conscious of where their cars are on the track ... Max knew what he was doing by sliding back to the preferred racing line. In every sport athletes "bend" the rules a bit to gain an edge, and Max has made a very successful racing career bending these rules. The difference is when an F1 driver does this and is unsuccessful ... it causes a crash or at least risks someone's life. There's no "Red Cards" given in F1.

The best thing to happen due to the crash is .... we are all still talking about it. This is something that every sport wants --- constant discussions regarding their sport. For good or for bad.

Last edited by N52UNED; 05-04-2018 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0