Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfan9 View Post
So do I need to buy pipes and do you know of a shop that can do this for me? I wonder if this would affect my lease upon return...
Those of us who did this muffler delete mod - didn't buy pipes - usually muffler shops have them in stock in abundance (they do custom piping everyday - that's their main job basically). Any local muffler shop can do it. It's fairly easy job. The only thing is to avoid large chain muffler shops (as they usually are busy with regular muffler sales and may not touch this job) - and ask any local custom muffler shop.

This muffler delete will sound drastically different, I mean it's loud. So you can't just return it like that after your lease ends (at least not without dealership noticing it). So you can just put muffler back before lease ends. I paid $280 for the job. And probably about same when you'll decide to put muffler back to return a lease. So consider it as a $600 mod in total.
Whether it's worth it for you to spent that money to have deep V8 sound during your lease period - it's up to you man. You have to decide for yourself. For some people they couldn't care less about sporty V8 sound. For others (like me) a good sounding exhaust is important.
Also, in comparison to buying an aftermarket sport exhaust for 50i like some Eisenmann or Akrapovich for $5-7k - this mod is basically pennies compared to those expensive exhausts.
It's definitely important to me. Now I need to find the shop!

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50