FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
So here is my take...
Thank you for the thorough and well-thought out response, RED_Y_, and--of course--for the positive wishes.

Your experience very much parallels my own when searching for my wife's X5diesel (in question) back in 2019-2020. 6 months of national searching identified only 2 vehicles which checked nearly all of the boxes (at the time including CPO)...one didn't check out during private inspection and the other we flew across the country to purchase. And as you mention, these daily driving/highway extraordinaires have only become more rare since then, not even accounting for today's used car markets which are enough to make your head spin.

Finding a diesel with the Luxury Seating Package is hard enough. Add in third row and--especially--Bang and Olufsun and it is darn near impossible...drivers assistance plus, Premium Mocha Interior Design, luxury, cold weather, premium, etc., and the search is narrowed even further. Add the known-scarcity factor that BMW is no longer selling diesels into the US Market, and you have a supply/demand issue in which an already limited supply only dwindles in time.

Fortunately for those lucky enough to own such a beast, folks who know what they are looking at are willing to spend to obtain the last of the dying breed (Case & point: the 60k offer that was made to my wife in the carpool line that was most certainly not in jest).

For anyone owning the rare beast, Cherish what you have and--if no accidents & meeting the options list above--be sure to post your mileage & price below!

Last edited by FormerRotor; 06-14-2022 at 02:21 PM..
Appreciate 1