View Single Post
      01-18-2016, 03:53 PM   #134
Diper
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 3.0d

Hi Motex,

My dealer had one with the MPPK on it, and so I was able to testdrive one. Try asking your dealer what can be arranged.
I agree it is a lot of money, the standard 30d is a very capable and relaxed engine. The MPPK just makes it the best it can be without sacrificing durability.
As this is midlife crisis cruiser I went down the path: If too big is just right.
The 40d or M50d at the time I bought the car just a bit to steap for what I wanted to spend. When cruising on the highway with the family the cruise Control is on 145-150 km/h, maybe 160 sometimes, it's only when I'm alone and in Germany the speed-deamon inside of me get's loose, on the daily drive to work I have to drive 108km/h for the most part due to a speedtrap over several kms of highway. Last time around I did a lowflying practise run with >230, but if I had done so with the wife and kids onboard I would have been sleeping on the sofa for several weeks.

You will not feel deprived from any enjoyment when postponing your decision, unless you married a former racecardriver screaming 'pedal to the metal' all the time.
Appreciate 1