View Single Post
      03-10-2023, 05:45 PM   #5
BigEnergy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 xDrive40e

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. So, here’s the update, and it’s kind of funny.

The BMW 3rd party mechanic I took Simone (my X5) to called me the next afternoon. He said that it was “tricky” because he first wanted to charge the battery and see if he could diagnose the issue, but he only had a slow charger there and had to repeatedly unplug and replug as they moved other cars in and out that morning and finally gave up. He admitted that they don’t have as much experience with the hybrid or electric-only BMWs and suggested that I go to the dealership and have them use the fast charger to get the battery going and then see what the issue was. I said ok and asked if Simone was turning on or if I needed to get a tow (the dealer was less than 2 blocks away from the mechanic’s shop so I was going to call the dealer to pick her up) He says “oh yeah, she turns on no problem.” To which I was surprised to hear because one of the messages that appeared on the dash the night before was “Do not turn off engine, as it will not restart. Drivetrain malfunction.”

I head over to the shop, get into Simone, tell her I’m sorry to put her through this, and then turn her on. Shockingly, all the messages that were on the dash are now gone. She starts up normally, I put her in drive and I take off. I press the brake, and I see the blue energy light up showing energy being transferred to the battery, which is not what it was doing yesterday. I keep driving, while in “comfort” mode, I go up to 60mph, no problems. I switch to sport mode, go up to 70mph, no problems, no messages. I continue driving for another 25mins switching between, sport, comfort, and MAX eDrive, no issues. The next day, yesterday, I drove her to Santa Barbara and back which was a two hour commute. No issue.

I guess, moral of the story is: CTRL+ALT+DEL and Restart ????🤗🤗🤗
Appreciate 0