05-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #79
42pilot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
Lifetime warranty on the tune.

It's a fairly simple receipe, adding boost and allowing edu to compensate with more fuel and timing. When cruising its slightly leaner to where it allows you to get up to 5 mpg more.
Remember that 40d and 50d use the same exact motor but with more boost from additional turbos.
Stock monitor will only show what it's trained to do based on vacuum so it will not show you true gains.
Your butt dyno should tell you a lot more or other devices like plx.
OK - thanks.

What does lifetime warranty mean? If it smokes the motor, do they fix it? Or is there a lifetime warranty on the chip? Big difference.

I used to build and tune turbo gas motors, and butt dyno's lie. I could add a bit more ignition timing which would add a little more low-end torque, but the owner would say its a different motor. Then I would show the tuning tables - nothing was really done. Anyway, it would be interesting if one of you would take your F15 to a dyno and do a before and after.

There are a lot of so-called tuners out there and I am obviously very skeptical of installing a chip into a +$60k vehicle that I own.