View Single Post
      12-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i MSport

I got the Drivetrain Malfunction error last week after the car was parked outside at -2F for the entire day. Drove fine until got home. Called the dealer and was told it could be a sensor malfunction because of the weather. Left the car in the garage overnight and after that no more errors or any issues.

QUOTE=DrewBert;15093936]The Mrs went on a 400 km business trip and was 300 kms into it on her way back. She stopped for fuel (shell v-power) after fueling she started the x5 and got the drive train malfunction error. Then got brake malfunction pull over put in Park and call BMW assist.

400 kms on the vehicle, she actually got rid of her 335i M sport because she could not drive the thing with out the error which of course never showed up in the system when it was taken in.

I fought long and hard for the 50i, arguing that when we got the n55 it would be riddled with drivetrain malfunctions the same as her 335 was but at 15k more it's hard to justify. I told the SA and sales manager my worries to which they assured me that it would have no issues. I then said "if the x5 came in with drivetrain malfunction I want an upgrade to the 50i no charge"

Are there any other x5 n55 issues out there right now?

Do I have any right to hold them to the 50i, what are my options here.[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0