Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinanF16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
Sounds like perhaps the rear airbags are leaking and the air compressor constantly trying to add air?
Thanks for the reply. At first I thought it was air leaking from somewhere too but the car hasnt sagged at all over the 24 hour period. Tire pressure has been the same since last night, when car ignition is off no sound at all. I was told I had standard suspension so does that still mean I have airbags? I honestly don't know how my suspension is setup. Best bet would be taking it to the dealer but my warranty has ended a couple of months ago and just last month I received a good will repair for my AC/Heater issue even though warranty has expired and then they informed me that was it. Im afraid they'll make me pay for more than what needs to be fixed and knowing how gullible I am I will probably end up paying for it..
Do you have third row? Then you have air bags.

Easiest way is to look up under the rear. You can see the bags. Or you can see springs. Use a light.

If you have bags then it's leaking. You don't sag cuz the pump keeps it full for now. But you will soon. I had the same sound but it was from the threaded portion that goes into the bag to provide the air. It's plastic and the bolt is metal so it warps over time. Pretty sure my bags were good to go.

If you don't have bags then I got nothing lol. Could be valve stem? But hissing sound like air is very different than fuel pump sound so it shouldn't be confused for the each other
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1