View Single Post
      02-11-2016, 09:15 PM   #76
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Ok...so here's one you've never heard before...
Day 1 after delivery ....no matter how well you think you've checked the vehicle before delivery .... I found out that the headrest on passenger side is disconnected from the electric buttons....so simply they'd forgotten to connect that part...as a result the headrest wouldn't move and since it was loose, it would not adjust and kept dropping...
So the car was back in service after a day with 100 miles on it...so it brought up the question of why the hell are we paying $2,000 for PDI....
So as it was an internal issue and in order to fix it they basically had to gut out the seat and connect the piece, not to mention the whole rear entertainment, etc. I was totally disgusted ....
and here comes the climax...for those of you who followed my crusade with the whole diesel fiasco, I had ordered an exact identical car but gas (35i) a couple months earlier that is still sitting at the dealership....so...ding....I asked for an immediate seat swap! Seems like that car will remain at the dealership as a spare part for my 35d....lol
I'm just thinking how strange, weird and good that 35i's whole being was....who knew!
They also did an entire PDI redo plus offered me a free car care spa and treatment come spring.

I will pick it up on Saturday and we'll see what will be my next battle....what a story ....don't think if it's over yet though...

Last edited by Shaw; 02-12-2016 at 07:23 AM..
Appreciate 0