Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyRn33 View Post
I inquired about a hitch for my 16 X5, This is the latest info I received,

To Mk Dv
Today at 8:06 AM

Good morning,

Hitch information is attached the BMW X5 F15 Chassis (2014 to 2017). We are currently launching our new Invisihitch website. Please call us at the number below to order.

Our hitch is completely invisible while not in use. When you get ready to use the hitch, there is an attachment that locks into place. The aesthetic beauty of the vehicle is maintained while adding lifestyle functionality. Visible bars and bumper cutouts are not required, nor is ground clearance sacrificed. We connect in the same locations as the North American version BMW hitch, yet we do not have visible parts. We are the BMW hitch supplier in some countries.

We offer detachable connectors (2" and 1 1/4") that convert our hitch into a square tube receiver that accepts current versions of bike racks, ski racks, cargo platforms and other miscellaneous square tube accessories. See attached "detachable bike rack connector" photo. A wiring harness is not required if this is your only application.

For towing, our ball mount performs differently than a square tube hitch and receiver. Our hitch connects directly to the hitch receiver block, creating a solid connection to the vehicle frame, thus eliminating the jerking and banging associated with the square tube receiver during starts and stops. It feels like an extension of your vehicle, not a connected load. This solid connection creates less wear and tear on the vehicle transmission. See attached "detachable ball mount" photo. The towing and tongue weight capacities for this vehicle are listed on hitch receiver installation information (7700 lbs. tow, 600 lbs. tongue).

We offer the OEM harness that gives you the capability for additional functions. The OEM harness gives you the ability to have your vehicle reprogrammed to perform the following functions: 1) disable the park distance control when reversing with a connected trailer, 2) stability control for heavy loads utilizing the antilock brakes and 3) rear camera zoom at the trailer connection point. We can program your vehicle remotely so you do not need to go to the dealer for programming.

BMW X5 (F15) pricing (including shipping):

Rack-Only Package (towing only)
$ 615
· Invisihitch receiver with vertical latching mechanism
· Detachable 2” square receiver

Both Towing and Rack Capable (w/active harness)
$ 1,219

Invisihitch receiver with vertical latching mechanism
Detachable 2” square receiver
Detachable ballmount for towing
Safety chain anchors
Active trailer-lights wiring harness
Control module for the wiring harness
Brackets for vertical mounting of 7-way receptacle
Remote vehicle programming via the internet

Rori Disla
Invisihitch
4250 Brogdon Exch
Suite A
Suwanee, GA 30024
678-400-0121
I assume this is compatible with the M-Sport versions?

I'm pretty sure I'm going this route
Appreciate 0