View Single Post
      05-30-2017, 12:23 PM   #19
expidia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2///M View Post
To clarify. PDC will turn on automatically at low speed and depending on a few factors may give you the overhead or the rear view camera. I have to go through a guard shack in the morning for work and the protective wall they have will trigger the front PDC many times and give me the overhead camera view. I'm thinking that behavior may be normal, but the dealer will be happy to go through the operation with you. If they have a BMW Genius, this is what their job is.

Pretty sure that the standard operation (without coding) when a trailer plugged in is to turn off the rear PDC and disable the remote rear hatch release. Coding allows you to customize this, but if not coded, the only way you can open the rear hatch is manually with the button on the hatch.

I'm confused by your statement "it wont go into reverse and keeps dropping back into park"; are you talking gear or PDC here? I'd show the BMW Genius, he can confirm proper operation and it won't cost you a dime and you can just drop by the dealer to have it looked at.
Thx. Yes my dealership has a genius rep. Im talking about when my car is parked my front steps are 5 feet from the bumper and the PDC goes off somehow preventing the car from going into the reverse gear. I push the shift forward and the selection goes back into park. Takes several back and forths of the drive selector to move the car.
Then when I pull the car along side the house to back down the driveway the same issues starts all over.
I also noticed if the door is not completely closed I cant start the car which is probably normal I guess.
Appreciate 0