View Single Post
      05-31-2017, 01:10 PM   #21
MN2///M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: very fast!

The Yellow/Blue wire that goes to Pin 6-Brown should be the same diameter as the Blue/Red wire in terminal 5-Red. The Blue/Yellow wire, which if I remember correctly is the larger wire since it operates the surge brakes.

Are you plugging in a trailer that uses a 7 pin connector or a 7 pin to 4 wire flat?

If the flat 4 wire, only pins 5, 6, 3, and 1 will be in use when the trailer is plugged in. If you reversed pin 6 and 7, then your right turn/brake light will not function.

If wiring is an issue, I would lean more towards the CANbus or fuse box wiring. What happens if you unplug the controller module? Do the weird issues go away? If so, definitely something with the wiring or controller.

If not, I would lean towards a bad controller or something odd in the coding. You can reset the coding through ECU coding I believe. I'm not good enough with that to tell you how to do it off the top of my head, but seem to remember it being pretty straight forward with instructions posted on the coding forum. If you are so inclined, some of the really knowledgeable coders here will review coding if you can pull and email the files.

I've never had PDC put the car into park, so something really weird there. Maybe you have several issues that are unrelated to the hitch. NOT an expert here, but pretty sure that all the communication between the module and vehicle occurs over the CANbus, so would not think that mis-wiring of the 7 pin would cause the issues you are describing. I also would think that if you did not have the CANbus wired in correctly, that Okee could have coded the module. Just thinking out loud here, but if a power wire was out of place, the module may not be fully powered which could cause some weird issues possibly.

If you have the skills, I would verify power at the end opposite of the fuse block for correct voltage.

Really interested to see how this comes out.
Appreciate 0