delviacv2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i & 2015 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42pilot View Post
Give it some time and take notes.

I not only look for off idle throttle response, roll-on power (like 45 mph to 70 mph for example), smooth acceleration, but I also listen to the motor. I noticed with the RC, too much timing (S1 = 3 or higher) adds a bit a rattling to my engine. This was at idle and at a certain RPM between 1700-ish to 2300-sh rpm. It could have been poor fuel too, which tells me I need to be conservative - you never know what your gonna get. So, listen for anything out of the normal from stock. If something doesn't seem or sound right, go back one click. Just because the CEL doesn't come on, doesn't mean the setting is safe for your motor. CEL means it busted an ECU parameter which means it was a significant event.

I am now at S2=0 S1=2 and really like it. It's quiet, powerful, torquey, smooth idle and acceleration. For my car, this one works well. The economy has dropped nearly 2mpg, but I think that's me driving a lot more aggressively
Thanks 42pilot i will be listening for any abnormally and report back.

I usually start with a tuning box but always end up doing a full tune with Rocketchip lets see what happens

Delvi.
2014 X5 50i Carbon Black/ M Sport
-BM3 Stage 1
Appreciate 0