06-17-2016, 03:18 PM   #7
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani
BMW product expert gave me the following reasons for AS being discontinued or as he called it "dumped": a) worldwide only 3% of all X5s had AS option b) 60% of AS equipped cars had some work done under warranty (AS related). There are no known improvements for the steering at this point. scott26 mentioned a light LCI, i dont think he had 2017 model in mind (apart from idrive 5.0, touchscreen, wireless charging, wifi hotspot and Apple Carplay). From what I could see the following changes are for 2017 in addition to the "known things". New color Apple Cedar for non M sport is available, color is kinda beige looking, elegant but far from what i like. Msport 20" wheels can now be had in black too - same design just in black. Most people on this forum have these 20" wheel upgrade and these are the same design but in black color. I checked trims and other colors - no change there. Right rear mirror is now not dimmed if you tick the auto dimming option, there is also a different more healthy/eco stuff used for the aircondition unit (not sure what that is but was informed by the dealer). To conclude AS is awesome and I will miss it. I did a test drive of the M50d (awesome car, crazy torque but...)and had no desire for the car as it had no AS option, even wit lh Mservotronic the steering was miles away from my old E71. So 40d would have been an ideal (lets call it compromise). I ended up getting a 30d again and added almost everything I wanted. Again I doubt i would have gone through all thing again if i knew AS being discontinued, wish they sticked to it or improved it for at least two more years. Again my current car is pretty awesome but it lacked two things i wanted (Comfort Seats and Panorama Sunroof). Cheers
I just re-read my earlier post and i seemed to have guessed what the product expert told me today.
Appreciate 0