View Single Post
      06-29-2016, 10:26 AM   #5
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

I am one of few that has the Manhart axle back with valves. Pretty pricey system but at the time only options were this and eissenmann. For the money of a valves system it was a better buy that eissenmann.

I have around 6k miles and system has settled in.

My feedback for sound is

In the cabin valves closed sounds pretty close to stock and barely noticeable which I like. I also have young children and this was important. Windows down sounds good and can tell I have a system

Valves open
Inside cabin windows closed- mid to deep tone under 3k rpm and then fades as turbos kick in

Windows down system sounds great. Def tell that I have a system. I drive with the windows down most of the time

All in all I am happy with the sound but was really looking for something deeper since I came from a w212 e63. I am starting to realize that the s63 engine will never sound the same as the AmG.

I am wanting a little more volume but don't think that is achievable without going over board. Considered down pipes but volume would frantically increase and would be too much. Don't think there is much options for me to increase sound. I noticed small resonators in some pictures I saw online and considering removing those for a little more sound

As for every other system I heard I haven't really heard anything that just blows me away and changes tone that much

My initial goal of buying the Manhart was the asthethics of the tips. I still think hands down they have the best looking tips on the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fore View Post
Hey, All -

This question gets asked all the time, but if it makes it any better, I already searched through the forums in an attempt to gather as much info as possible before asking....

Now that everyone with aftermarket exhausts has run them for 5-10k+ miles and the sound has changed, what's the consensus on the most aggressive sounding system available for the X5M?

Contingencies are as follows:
- Down pipes aren't an option
- System must be valved for when the baby is in tow.
- Not concerned with decibel per dollar value. Just the decibels...

I've watched all the videos and it's difficult to make an apples to apples b/c some vids are filmed on a dyno and those sound terrible. Some are filmed outside, and others are filmed in warehouses aka giant sound chambers...

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 1