Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e -20, 225xe -16

Garage List
2020 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
2016 BMW 225xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEX5BEAST View Post
I bought a new X5 xdrive a couple of months ago. During the test drive I noticed a vibration. Being my 9th BMW I knew it was no more than an unbalanced tire. Not so. After 4 road force balances and a swap from Pirelli to Michelin no change. My dealership is stumped. Been waiting a week for the BMW regional engineer to show up and test drive it. At this point it has spent 20 days and 4 attempts at the dealership without resolving. Getting a bit frustrated that an 80K SUV is still not right. Lesson learned the hard way.....dont ever buy a car that vibrates even with the salesman's assurance that "we'll fix it, no problem". Waiting for the engineer at this point with a truck I don't dare even add a hitch to, tint windows in or install the clear bra on. Gurrrrr
What model of X5 and MY you've got? I have my X5 40e (Mine is M-Sport if that makes a difference) rear hubs and brakes changed now for multiple times, but still slight vibration still exists and it's more predominant when braking from 60-70 mhp (100-120 kmh). Tires and wheels have been road force balanced and them being BMW original set, my tyre shop keeper he rarely sees such a good set of wheels and tyres.

Main dealer has tried to fix for months, I met today the country importer service guy and they had no answer to this.
Appreciate 0