View Single Post
      01-02-2018, 07:52 PM   #100
anon1000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEX5BEAST View Post
My X5 is perfect now. Even after a new set of Michelins it was just not right. I noticed that the dealership chipped the painted part of the rims when they took them off which lead me to return the truck yet again for that fix. Rather than repaint they swapped the rims and tires with an exact duplicate set on a new unsold X5. I marked the rims just to see what I suspected they might do. Totally by accident the problem was fixed. It was not the tires but instead the rims all along. I had asked at the very beginning that I'd like them to first swap a complete set of tires and rims with another new X5. The answer was no. This would have saved several trips had it been done right up front. At least its now riding like a BMW. Love the truck now. I was ready to give up on BMW's after 9 of them. BMW redeemed themselves. I couldn't be happier now. Just wish it didn't have to take all these trips and new tires. Dealerships gurrrrrrrrrrrr Rims seem not to cast properly on occasion.I had at least one rim that was out of round or didn't match up with the hub properly or...... Only explanation I have.
Interesting. I have suspected the wheels all along as well. What style wheel did you have? 19/20s?
Appreciate 0